Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Blog Post 10: Final Course Reflection

When I signed up to take TCF 312, I was just doing it because it was the next class in my sequence. I knew I was going to learn more about how to handle the cameras than I did in 201 but I did not expect what else would be expected of me. I knew I was going to enjoy it, because I wanted to learn something new and I heard a lot of good things about Dr. Raimist. Going in on the first day and finding out how much work it was going to be made me hesitant to stay in the class because of the work load for my other classes plus an internship. I was able to organize and fit it in and I am glad that I did. I learned so much more from this class than I thought I would have. There were cameras in the equipment room that I had not even heard of so it was a fun experience learning about those cameras and how to use them. Going through the process of planning out a short film reminded me of when I took Adam Schwartz’s Zom-Com class last semester. I wasn’t as involved with the specifics of that class’s pre-production but I knew what to expect. Making my own shot list, floor plan and storyboards took more time than I thought but it made me feel like a legit director, which was fun. I learned that actually completing a production, even for a 5-minute short, takes a lot of planning and a lot of help. While I only had one other person helping with mine, I’m sure I would have had the same experience of when I assisted on other people’s projects. I am glad I took this class because I learned a little bit more on how films are made which is important for any film related profession. I am looking to be a film critic but the knowledge I have gained will definitely help me out in writing my reviews and other publications on film related subjects. I definitely appreciate Dr. Raimist for teaching this class and I would advise any other TCF students who are serious about making films to take it if they get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment